- A modern Oxford in pleated satin and hand frayed panels
- Fully lined in soft goatskin
- Sole in leather and commando style rubber
- DV079 is a hand made shoe with a classic wingtip design base. The upper is all made from pleated satin.
- The original classic design is disrupted by panels of carefully hand shredded satin that have been meticulously stitched onto the upper. These panels have a specific position on the shoe where they follow an almost liquid-like, organic pattern.
- The sole was engineered with a pronounced angle at the front base, which we call toe spring. A high toe spring, specially in thicker soles, has a major benefit: it greatly helps walking as there is no need to bend the foot as much because the shape of the sole does that for you. As a result you will feel less tired and you will enjoy a more relaxed walk.
- This approach will prevent the leather from creasing like a classic shoe
- DV079 in entirely lined in soft goatskin
- Vanassibaras will never smell unpleasant. Our shoes are mounted on a breathable raw leather insole which naturally absorbs excessive sweat from the feet. That’s an old technique that only true luxury brands can afford.
- The sole is actually hand-made too. The plateau is made from rubber whilst the body of the heel is made from layers of cut, trimmed and sanded leather sheets with a heel top in rubber, which are mounted onto a leather base to form the finished sole.
- Any satin can be damaged by friction. For this reason, please handle this item with due care
- Any loose dirt should be wiped away with a soft dry cloth. For more deeply ingrained stains we would advise a professional cleaning service
- Please ensure the shoes are always kept in their protective packaging
- We would advise against the use of any cleaning products
“ DV079 is a paradox of military and romantic references that blend into our most poetic shoe”