IS FREE FROM:
Because you are savvy and only want to pay the fair price
Because you are fiercely independent and endorse individuality
Because you can think for yourself and seek out what intrigues you
Vanassibara must be on the side that disrupts the industry to stand far apart from the mainstream, whilst maintaining our leading edge designs and unquestionable quality.
In the recent past, the fashion industry has created trends from excessive hype and design has taken a backseat to this. Hype = Money? Seriously that approach adds an unnecessary premium to the actual cost ...then add the cost of overhead for a typical ‘bricks & mortar’ retailer and next thing you know it, prices have been multiplied many fold!
“Our brand must be on the side that disrupts the industry”
For a brand like Vanassibara who has always been fiercely independent, completely self-funded, and believes wholeheartedly that a great design comes first, supporting hype does not interest us. We do not dress followers, we dress leaders ...let’s break this trend together!!!
“We do not dress followers, we dress leaders”
We design footwear to make our clients feel genuinely better. Whether you wear one of our lace-ups, a sneaker or a chinelo, when you are in Vanassibaras you are safe! We are a high designer brand and our products are immaculately made following the best artisanal techniques. Vanassibara is run from London by Diego and Gotzon. Diego is from south Brazil and he looks after the creative areas whilst Gotzon, who’s from Finland, is the man that makes sure that the business runs smoothly. This hot and cold synergy allows us to build a high energy label that thinks different.
“[Vanassibara] shares our passion for the personal touch.”
“One of the best emerging menswear designers in Britain.”
“Shoes like high-end sports car for the foot.”
“A shoemaker at heart... his futuristic-looking biker boots, patchwork brogues and loafers are an instant hit.”
“Vanassibara brings renewal to fashion through luxurious and creative footwear.”
“His volcanic creative vein leads him to create distictive, unique and original designs.”
Our London and Paris seasons have been marked by original installations designed for each collection, a display concept that was after used by other brands.
Some of our all-time favourites might make a comeback and be available again. Explore them below.
How does Vanassibara take care of the environment?
ON RESPONSIBLE DESIGN
- We have always gone against the grain of fashion’s trend conventions, and designed shoes that are timeless products that serve their owners for a long time
- We maximise the wearability of our products by designing shoes that are combinable with a variety of clothes. The versatility of our shoes makes them suitable for any time of the day or night
ON THE CHOICE OF MATERIALS
- Our soles are made from either natural rubber or leather, never from plastics or derivate. Why? Because plastic materials and its hundreds of derivates found in footwear soles are among the main sources of micro plastics in the oceans and lakes, as it is shown in the study by the prestigious German Fraunhofer Institute.
- We know the names of each individual craftsperson that makes our products. We work with family run ateliers and small factories that employ local workers in the Serra Gaúcha and Vale do Sinos, in the deep South of Brazil.
- Our production facilities and the vast majority of our supply chain is located in areas that rely on electricity sourced from clean energy, 75% to be precise, including hydroelectrics and wind farms.
- We have eliminated wasteful tissue wrapping paper and instead, each shoe is protected inside a very nice re-usable shoe bag
- Our boxes are constructed of certified paper, meaning that they are made with material from well-managed forests